我没有一个有钱的父亲。
Tried 3 times for university. All failed.
尝试三次考大学都失败了。
I applied for Harvard for 10 times. All failed, they don’t even want to see me.
我十次申请哈佛大学,都失败了,他们甚至不想见到我。
For the last time, I went to the teachers’ college which was considered the third or fourth class of my city.
最后一次,我去了师范大学,那排在我那个城市的第三或者第四。
I applied jobs for 30 times. Got rejected.
我应聘工作,被拒绝了30次。
It was so difficult at that time, I was so frustrated.
那个时候真是太难了,我好沮丧。
Because I taught in the university. My pay was $10 a month.
因为我在大学教书,我每个月的薪水是10美元。
Because I could not find a good job in 1994.
因为在1994年时我找不到好工作。
discussed that I am going to do something called Internet and 23 of them against it, they said it’s a stupid idea.
所以和别人讨论说我想做一个叫互联网的东西,而其中 23 人都反对,他们说这是愚蠢的想法。
we have never heard about Internet and you know nothing about the computer.
我们从来没听过什么是网路,而且你对电脑一窍不通。
And I never thought I was smart, nobody believed that I could be successful.
我从来不认为自己聪明,没有人相信我能成功。
because everybody said, "Well, this guy think differently, think crazily, you know think about something that will never work."
因为大家都说:「这个人想得跟别人都不一样,有疯狂的想法,想一些永远行不通的事」。
I tried to borrow3000 US dollars from the banks, took me 3 months, but I still cannot get it.
我试着向银行借 3000 美金花了我三个月的时间,还是无法借到。
We talked to over 30 or 40 venture capitalists, everybody said,"No. Forget it."
我们和 30 到 40 位的创业投资家沟通每个人都说:「不可能的,这事儿不成」。
A lot of people said Alibaba is a terrible model as I said, "I believe it. I think this thing could be big. I never thought it will be that big like today."
很多人说阿里巴巴是一个很糟的项目,而我说:「我相信它,我相信它能变得强大,不过我从来没想过它能有像今天一样那么大的规模」。
I believe that something, something is waiting for me there.
我相信会有个什么东西在那里等着我。
and I have to work hard to prove myself.
而我要做的就是努力去证明我自己。
That was the tough experience.
那是很艰难的经历。
so we gathered 50thousand US dollars from 18 founders.
我们从 18 位创始人那募集了 50000 美金。
We started.
就开始创业了。
For the first three years, we did not have even 1 dollar revenue from our business.
一开始的三年,我们没有赚到任何一毛钱的收入
It was not easy.
这并非简单的事。
Why it keeps on going ahead, going forward?
但为什么我们还是持续前进?
Because I received lots of email of thanks from the customer, they say this is such a great thing, we cannot pay you but this thing helped us. If you keep on helping us, one day, you will be successful. And I believe this.
因为我收到许多客人寄来表达感谢的电子邮件,他们说这是很棒的东西我们没办法付钱给你,但这个东西帮了我们很多忙。如果你持续帮助我们,总有一天,你会成功的。而我相信了这句话。
Little by little, we built up our business. Little by little, we’re good on our ecosystem of the infrastructure. And now, after 16 years, we have a Alibaba group, We have a T-mall group,We have a Taobao group, We have Alipay.
一点一滴地,我们创立了企业,一点一滴地,我们在基础建设的生态系统上发展得很好,而16 年后的现在,我们有了阿里巴巴集团,我们有了天猫,有了淘宝,有了支付宝。
And people said,"You are so smart, how could you make a company like that?"
人们说:「你真聪明,你是怎么建立这样的公司的? 」
Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, the Jack Welch, Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg, the difference between those people and other people they are always optimistic for the future.
比尔盖茨、沃伦巴菲特、杰克威尔许、拉里佩奇、马克扎克伯格,这些成功的人们和其他人们的差异就在 他们永远都对未来保持乐观。
They never complain.
他们从来不抱怨。
They always try to solve the problems of the others.
他们总是试着去解决其他人的问题。
When you are optimistic, it’s always a opportunity.
当你乐观时,就总有机会的。
People same here today.
今天在这的人们也是一样地问说。
"Jack. Where’s the opportunity. I don’t have a job. I don’t have this. I don’t have that."
「马云,机会在哪里?我没有工作,我没有这个,我没有那个」。
We are at the best of time of this century. The best asset you have is that you are young. Don’t complain. Let the other people complain. The opportunity lie, always lies where people complain.
我们身在这个世纪最好的时代里,年轻就是你所拥有的最棒的资产,,不要抱怨,让其他人去抱怨,机会都在人们的抱怨里。
Think about how you can make things different.
去想想你能怎么让事情变得不同。
"Is it anything that I can do to make the difference?"
「有什么是我可以做到去改变的事情?」。
And then we think about this, start to do it. I saw a lot of people, young people have fantastic ideas every evening. But in the morning, they go to the office again.
我们思考着,然后开始去做。我看见很多年轻人晚上都有很棒的想法。但一到了早上,他们又得去上班了。
Being entrepreneur, you have to do the things before the other people do.
要当一个企业家,要做的就是在其他人行动之前就开始行动。
You have to wake up before other people wake up. You have to be more buried than the others.
你必须比其他人起的早。你必须比其他人埋头苦干。
Use instinct. Everything you do is to the need of the customer, to everybody, to any person.
用你的直觉,你所做的所有事情都要去满足客户、所有人和任何人的需求。
Tomorrow is new. Make the move. Make action.
明天是全新的一天,迈开步伐,开始行动吧。